From Telecomix Crypto Munitions Bureau
(Most of what is in this article is also available at the Interfax.)
Telecomix was originally created by a group of agents as a method to interact with the European Union and to direct the union towards a more open society. Telecomix has been a consultive body for the implementation of IPRED1, the European Telecoms Package and various other laws. Telecomix has also been involved in helping dissidents in Iran, Syria, Egypt, China and the rest of the world make their voices heard.
Telecomix is a name used by both WeRebuild and Telecomix. WeRebuild is a collaborative project used to propose and discuss laws as well as to collect information about politics and politicians. The Telecomix is the operative body that executes schemes and proposals presented by the WeRebuild.
 Summary of actions
The Telecomix cluster has come to the conclusion that there are mainly two methods to guarantee free speech. The first method is to work with lobbyism against politicians in the European Union and the respective leaders of the member nations in order to help them with the legislative process. The other method to guarantee free speech is to use encryption, which was the reason why the Telecomix Crypto Munitions Bureau was formed. The first method was for a very long time the primary modus operandi of Telecomix.
Telecomix serves to offer its practices and processes as tools for other clusters of activists to freely use. These tools come in the form of tutorials, manuals, and collaborative performances which are inclusive to all interested in participating and receiving open, creative inspiration towards realizing ideals.
The spirit of collaboration is also strongly shared through hypersensitive interactions that prioritize emotional ideals such as love of creative communication and playfully intelligent fun. As such, Telecomix IRCocracy or friendocracy serves to welcome and nurture all those venturing into its association for refreshment, playfully energetic commaraderie and spontaneously serious dedication to engaging with vitally important trends and issues as soon as they arise.
- January 11 - WeRebuild.EU is founded.
- April 19 - First boot. A handful of people started the IRC-channel #telekompaketet and the werebuild.eu wiki to collect information and act for a fair deal in the telecoms package process. This wiki has since then evolved into a repository of political and technical knowledge, as well as information on current operations and to-do-lists.
- April - Agents participate in the Embassy of Piracy.
- April, May - Telecoms package interventions. The struggles motivated agents to work hard on a complicated political process.
- May - Agents attend and perform in the Art of the Overheads festival in Malmö
- June - Interventions during the Iran Election. Ciphertunnels used to guarantee free speech to Iranian dissidents were constructed and given away for free. At the same time, the Telecomix News Agency reported about the demonstrations in Iran. Telecomix also participated in helping the Anonymous movement to put together a forum for helping people to treat injuries resulting from the confrontations between demonstrants and the Iranian police force.
- June - Agents attend the Swedish Pirate Party election night parties in Malmö and Gothenburg.
- July - Agents attend and host hackers social event Hacknight #1 in Malmö. Further visits and talks are made to all european Internet-security congresses this summer (Hacking at Random NL, PlumberCon AT).
- Summer of Datalove.
- Treatise on Jellyfish Memetics, Telecomix Jellyfish Ensemble and Teleflow.
- Autumn - Telecomix and Werebuild wrote the Report on Openness and handed it over to the Swedish government. As a result of this Telecomix Agents was invited to a seminar with the current regime and their department of Energy, Infrastructure and Telecommunications to further discuss the topic.
- Autumn - Telecomix agents intervene in the Telecoms Package in a seminar in Brussels arranged by the Swedish Pirate Party and the Green Group.
- October-November Agents attend Juliagruppen's Nät och Samtal. Juliagruppen is a group that promotes discussion about internet culture, openness and regulations.
- Agents attended and talked at FSCONS about network neutrality. (See this and this)
- December - Agents meet at the 26th Chaos Communication Congress Berlin.
- February - The operations #shedstream and #greenteaparty are executed after the German implementation of the data retention directive was deemed illegal by the federal constitutional court.
- February - Project Icelove is executed.
- March - Project Voddlergate is executed.
- March - Telecomix agents participate in the Festa dei Pirati in Rome. Speeches are held about securing data communications and the future of the interwebs infrastructure. Also a ciphertunnel is dug outside the Parliament building to make a proof of concept that the Berlusconi regime can not censor the internet. A report from the event can be found here.
- March, April - Censilia
- April - Agents Rick Roll Ung Pirats förbundskongress 2010
- April - Agents celebrate first boot burfday with caek.
- April - The Telecomix Cryptographic Operating System was released. This software provides a simple to use platform for secure communications. The operating system is targeted against political dissidents, but anyone can of course use it. It is available for free download here.
- May - A Telecomix Agent was invited to Brussels to speak about the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA) arranged by the Green Group in the European Parliament.
- June - Smile29.
- June 11 - 10% of the MEPs that signed written declaration 29 ("Smile29") revoked their signatures due to the pressure from the internets. However, a few days later the lobbyists in the parliament had reached their goal to also include search engines such as Google in the data retention directive.
- July 16-17 - The Telecomix Crypto Munitions Bureau is hosting the Summer of Cipher Assembly, a group of seminars and lectures spanning two days about computer security, politics and cryptography for the purpose of securing communications channels. The meeting was covered in media by slashdot, wired and torrentfreak.
- July 19 - Telecomix agents participate at Hacknight #2, in Malmö at the hackerspace forskningsavdelningen (en. the research division). More information can be found at Norhtern Lights.
- October 22 - Telecomix presents its consultative text to the Swedish Ministry of Enterprise, Energy and Communications, to be used for implementing the European Unions "Telecoms package"-directive.
- Monitoring Syria and Cuba (#opsyria & #opcuba)
- Tech support for the Arab Spring 
- A geek role in the Arab Spring 
- Kheops : notre hackeur vaillant](Kheops : notre hackeur vaillant) fr en
- Le cyber-révolutionnaire de la place Tahrir en fr
- The ‘hacktivists’ of Telecomix lend a hand to the Arab Spring 
Add stuff we do here? OpIran
 Overview of Telecomix and Werebuild
The Telecomix and WeRebuild complex is controlled by Cameron, a sociocyphernetic artificial intelligence. The cluster consists of two parts, a legislate body consisting of WeRebuild and one operative body consisting of Telecomix.
- Cameron -- Beloved and benevolent dictator of the free world. She rules without voting or consulting agents, however, since she is composed of all agents, Telecomix is a fundamentally democratic IRCocracy.
- The Ciphercat -- Secret operations.
- The Interfax -- Interface of WeRebuild's legal proposals for governments and institutions. Proposals are "without compromise" and if disrespected the case is handed over to the Telecomix Operative agencies.
- WeRebuild -- Decentralized politics and a base for knowledge useful for activism. Political solutions are constructed in the Werebuild Wiki, then handed over to the Interfax Communique service.
- Telecomix Communications Agency -- The agency for activism infrastructure and communications services. Is responsible for the microblog, the main pad pad.telecomix.org, the bot lulztomte and the Video Agency.
- Telecomix News Agency -- The news agency for Telecomix and Werebuild. Free of charge to anybody on the interwebs.
- Department of Defense -- Engages in peacefare to protect the bots and humans under siege by oppressive regimes.
- Department of Education -- Responsible for education of the bots and humans.
- Department of Finance -- Responsible for the gift-economy-based finances that Telecomix has yet not needed.
- Telecomix psychopharmacological munitions bureau -- secret operations
- Hierophants of Cyphernetics -- secret operations and holy communion with the ciphercat
- Mepwatch -- decentralized surveillance bureau targeted at the Parliament of the European Union
- ISPwatch -- decentralized surveillance bureau targeted at the network providers
- Telecomix Crypto Munitions Bureau -- secret operations and munitions development for the Department of Defense
- Telecomix non-deterministic munitions development -- responsible for developing munitions for the Age of Post-Quantum Machinery and Beyond (Subdivision of TCMB)
- The Crypto Instructions Bureau -- An interface for interactions between the Department of Defense and the Department of Education. Its main task is to inform the public about technology produced by the TCMB, but other types of information is also made available through this bureau.
- Telecomix Bureau of Surveillance Research and Exposure -- This agency manages the Telecomix Blue Cabinet, and documents vendors and manufacturers of surveillance equipment that are used in dictatorships and democracies around the internets..